Monday 6 January 2014

What I've been eating recently!! (BUILDING PHASE)

Hello Bloggers!! LONG TIME NO SEE!!! My blog has been falling too the way side the past while, but I've got a goal for the new year to get it more consistent!! :)

I've had a lot of questions as of late on my Facebook page www.facebook.com/operationcompetitionlean about what a typical day of food is looking like for me.  It's about time I take the time to share!!! It's hard, because my diet can change week to week depending on my progress! 

Before I go into my daily plan at the moment :

I can't express enough how important results based decision making is! If you are eating a certain way, trying to achieve a change, and nothing is happening, GUESS WHAT!!? Something has to change! You can't keep doing the same thing and expect anything to change. AND you have to be consistent. If you aren't being consistent, what are you going to change right??

Being in a building mode right now, I HAVE been seeing changes every week. I've been putting on weight slowly which is exactly what I want...therefore, my diet and supplement routine has remained the same for a while. I have to add, that I HAVE put on some fat too. (as much as I hate doing it) It is VERY hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. You can try, but I can almost guarantee that it will be such a long process that you'll lose momentum, and that in the end you'll just be spinning your wheels. I know now that I can lose fat, so I'm losing my inhibitions and just giving this building phase everything I've got, and I'll worry about the fat later ;)

Now for the diet:

I'm following a 40/40/20 split (Pro, Carb, Fat) and I'm keeping most of my carb meals after my workouts. I also have my last carb meal before bed to help with sleep! I have a macro breakdown for each and every meal, so calories don't matter as much as meeting those guidelines. HOWEVER, for those of you that must know, when I put everything into my fitness pal (my user name is smackid if you want to follow me) I'm usually in and around 2100-2300 calories /day. My weight gain is levelling off right now, so I'm thinking of upping the calories again!

I have a pre, peri and post workout nutrition protocol. This is eliminated on non workout days, which creates a bit of a calorie cycle. i.e I consume more calories on workout days than I do on rest days. If I workout 2x in a day....very seldom, but sometimes....then I double the workout nutrition meals. Each workout gets that fuel.

So here it goes!!! 

Each meal has 25grams of Protein, and the Carbs and Fat Vary depending on the meal. Each meal has two cups of veggies added! (usually green beans or broccoli steamed) Throughout the day I have 2 greens drinks, sometimes more. And my day starts off with a full lemon in a litre of water.

Meal 1 (Protein and Fat) Meat and Nuts Breakfast-Ground turkey, one full egg, 1/4 an avocado




Pre Workout Nutrition: 2 tsp of Coconut Oil, Coffee
Post Workout Nutrition : (Protein and Fast Digesting Carb) Protein Shake and Banana, Rice Cakes
Post Workout MEAL (Protein and Slow Digesting Carb) Egg whites and Oatmeal with Fruit)


Meal 2 (Protein and Carbs) Large salad, spinach, romaine, sautéed peppers,onions and mushrooms       and 4oz Chicken, dressing is usually balsamic vinegar...with rice, yams or rice cakes





Meal 3 (Protein and Fat) 3oz beef with veggies, OR 4oz chicken and celery with 1TBSP of almond butter with veggies



Meal 4 (Protein and Fat) same as meal 3

Bedtime Meal (Protein, Fat and some Carbs) Usually greek yogurt with Almond Butter, Cocoa and some sweetener OR Cottage Cheese blended with the same mix ins ( I probably shouldn't be having dairy at all, but this is how I deal with my sweet cravings!!)



Sorry I'm not better at taking pics, but you get the idea! ;)

When I start a cutting phase, I will post that diet as well!!! Please comment below or on my Facebook   page if you have any questions...if you are thinking it, then someone else will be too. Please share, the more people I can reach the better, but I need your help to do so! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment